Monday, September 8, 2014

If I had to narrow my Pagan spirituality down to one word, it would probably be "beauty"

I have explored and participated in many paths. And the one thing I appreciate about Paganism is that it takes the world as it is. And to me, the world is largely “beautiful.”

Yes, nature is a big part of Paganism, and my own personal paganism. But what do I get out of nature? Yes, there is wisdom and balance. But there is chiefly beauty. I also get the sense that Paganism is a very sensual religion. There is much to please the eyes, be it candles, color, magical tools, statues or drinking in a sunset. And music, poetry and the sounds of nature for the ears. And so on with touch, taste, and smell…swimming in the ocean, incense, good food and drink, dirt under our feet, wind in our hair, sun on our skin.

And there is beauty in each other. All of us, deep down, are beautiful in our own way. Even if it’s buried under a thick layer of fear and hate. We find beauty in talking and listening and dancing together.

I guess I’m saying that I feel that Pagans enjoy this world. Not think that it is evil, broken, or flawed. We’re not (necessarily) trying to figure everything out. Or make some strict divine being happy. Or convince others of our views.

We're just trying enjoy life as much as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment