Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What if our patron deity is really our spirit guide through and between multiple lives?

Yes, this is a bit “New Agey,” and may turn off some pagans (and non pagans as well). Also I’m not 100% convinced of reincarnation (or anything spiritual for that matter), but for now I’m going with it.
I’ve been a devotee of Brighid on and off. But if Brighid is just the form that my guide has taken (and taken other forms in the past, like Mary, Kali, Saraswati, etc.) I’ve always been a devotee.

I’ve been in an “on” phase with Brighid these past few months. But then I started reading Dr. Michael Newton’s book “Journey of Souls” which talks about how we all have a “Guide” that accompanies us throughout our lives, and between them. And I thought, what if Brighid is my Guide, or my Guide is Brighid, or is sometimes in the form of Brighid?

And yes, this naturally creates a non-worshipy relationship. More like a best friend, or a big sister or aunt, or college advisor.

I was thinking about this last night during this meditation. Have I known Brighid through many lifetimes? Have we shared wonderful moments between lives? When I head off to a new incarnation, is there a sad farewell? And a joyful reunion when I return? Is she overjoyed when I occasionally pierce through the veil of this illusionary world and “talk” to her? And is she a bit sad when I forget her weeks, months, or years on end? Does she wince when I go through necessary trials in this life that are teaching me the lessons that she and I set up before this incarnation?

All just thoughts. And pleasant ones at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment